13 April 2011

Digital Artist Positive and Negative Space tutorial






I recently completed a tutorial for the folks at Digital Artist magazine on how to use positive and negative space within your work to best effect. I wanted to try something a little different to what I was used to in the way of subject matter and style. I based my tutorial on the cranes of Bristol's harbourside and used the negative space created by the arms of these cranes as my subject matter. I was pretty happy with how the image came out and the issue contains some work by some great artists including Bex Glover,Marc Aspinall of Treehouse Press and Ollie Mundan.
If your in your local newsagents, why not go and pick up a copy...


1 comment:

  1. Really nice tutorial - and lots of nice Bristolian memories

    ReplyDelete