6 October 2011

Steve Jobs (1955-2011)






Following the tragic news of the loss of the visionary pioneer and ex-Apple CEO Steve Jobs on 5th October 2011 I decided to put together a tribute piece to help raise money for the cancer charity Pancreatic Cancer UK.

Steve Jobs was an innovator and true visionary who single handily pulled Apple out of the ashes and introduced the world to ground breaking products such as the iMac, iPhone, iPod and iPad.

I only have to look around my desk to see the huge impact that Steve and Apple have had on my life. I run my entire work setup on Apple products and ignoring the critics and cynicism for one minute, what a different world we would now inhabit if it wasn't for the greatness of one man.

It's not often that I feel the need to create a tribute piece, in fact this is the first I've done of this nature but hearing the news this morning I felt compelled to create something in honour of Steve Jobs' memory and that would help raise money for such a good cause.

This limited edition digital print named after a Steve Jobs quote "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life" is now available via my shop. All proceeds from the sale of the prints will go directly to the charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment