14 October 2011

Red Bull Revolutions in Sound






Last night saw the launch of the Red Bulls Revolutions in Sound event on the London Eye. Thirty DJ's including Skream & Benga, Ms Dynamite, Hessle Audio, Andy Weatherall, L-Vis 1990 and Ben Westbeech put on private parties in each of the 30 capsules. I was lucky enough to get invited to join Andy Weatherall and 20 other lucky punters on Capsule #7 for two full rotations of the wheel, along with free drinks and views of London at night. With a quick sliding of the doors we headed up into the sky to the ambient sounds of deep ambient house, which gradually picked up tempo resulting in some snare clapping disco. With free drinks and our own bar man on board, I had to pinch myself on a number of occasions at the completely surreal situation I was in.

I count myself truly lucky to have experienced such an amazing musical event and can only offer up a few wobbly iPhone shots as a means of illustrating how incredible it was. Congratulations Red Bull, you have out done yourselves once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment